An opportunity has arisen for an CNC Turner Programmer at an automotive parts manufacturer based in Bedfordshire.
The CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator will set and operate a cell of CNC and manual machines, to perform a simultaneous and inter-related sequence of operations on components in compliance with specification.
Summary of Duties
- Work in an environment of continuous improvement and follow the Right First Time philosophy in the manufacture of quality parts.
- Refer to drawings, tool list and set-up sheet to obtain appropriate tooling and measuring equipment and return upon completion of job.
- Mark out if required, load and unload components manually or by jib crane to work piece chucks or fixtures. Set correctly and secure.
- Set the CNC machine tools to program setting sheet, using multiple tooling stations. Set gear-shaper m/c.
- Operate the CNC controls, having a basic understanding of machine tool programming and produce component parts to company standards. Operate semi-automatic gear-shaper.
- Carry out dimensional and visual checks using appropriate measuring equipment and gauges, to ensure components meet inspection standards.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to, machine cleanliness and routine machine lubrication is carried out.
- Report to supervision any machine tool or measuring instrument defect to minimise scrap and downtime.
- Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Liaise with Production Engineering, Quality and Supervision in problem solving and determining maximum efficiency.
- Manual lifting requirements up to 20 kgs
- Working to engineering drawings
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with CNC machines
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience with CNC Turning Machines
- Basic programming experience and experience working with machined solid metal parts (not sheet metal).
- Fanuc control programming would be an advantage but not essential
The salary for this position is dependent on experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday (8am to 4.30pm), Friday (8am to 3pm). We are looking for flexibility to cover the shop floor shift which is 2.30pm to 11pm (ad-hoc).
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available