Our client provides support to children with learning disabilities in a setting of a nursery.
Position Available: Children's Support Worker - West London , £9.00 - £10.00 per hour, 35 hrs per week
The job involves working closely with children with learning disabilities. A key requirement is to provide personal support and to ensure that children are provided with a safe, fun, supportive and friendly environment.
The post holder will support children who have learning disabilities and who require that extra care and affection in order themselves to feel confident and supported in their everyday life.
Managing service delivery and performance
- To create a safe, fun, supportive and friendly environment for children.
- To plan and provide play opportunities to encourage children from all backgrounds to develop and express themselves through play
- To take an active role in leading play activities during school holidays and after school.
- To provide fun and creative activities for children to make them feel in control as well as included to make decisions.
- To undertake risk assessment for all activities to ensure that all health and safety requirements are met.
- To ensure that any issues in relation to safeguarding children are brought to the immediate attention of the Nursery manager, or if unavailable another manager.
- To set up and maintain an inventory of all equipment and resources
- To work within quality management system following all policies and procedures.
- To report any problems/difficulties/complaints to the manager.
- To maintain confidentiality and to ensure that professional boundaries are observed when working with clients, staff and external bodies and to work within Code of Conduct.
- To maintain the security and well-being of children within the premises, and to communicate immediately with the Nursery Manager any breaches of security or policies and procedures
Health and Safety
- To promote and ensure safe working for self and others by strict adherence to Security procedures and Health and Safety policy.
- To ensure that all equipment provided by is in safe working order and that periodic testing and maintenance is carried out.
- To ensure that the Nursery is always attractive, child friendly and comfortable.
- That a good standard of hygiene is maintained in the Nursery which would prevent children catching any infections.
- To carry out cleaning and other light manual duties when required.
- Proven experience of working with children with learning disabilities.
- SEN (Special Educational Needs) experience required.
- Level 3 NVQ in childcare
- 6-12 months experience in a nursery setting.
- Experience of organising and providing play and other activities.
- An understanding of health and safety requirements in providing services for children.
- Evidence of the ability to build and support children with learning disabilities in order for them to live their life as they please with confidence in the community.
- Understanding of and willingness to undertake training in Safeguarding and Child Protection.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.