Our client is based in Surrey and hold a variety of residential and rehab services for children with brain injury, disabilities and complex needs.
Position Available: Children Support Assistants - Tadworth (Surrey), full time, permanent, £17,876-£24,299pa, 37.5 hours per week
Our clients key services are:
- Rehabilitation for children with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- A non-maintained special school, with associated residential houses for children with complex education, health, therapy and care needs
- Support for children with ABI and their families, in the communities across the UK, through our Brain Injury Community Services
- Online information and support via our publications and braininjuryhub.co.uk
- You will work as a Children's Support Assistant providing a high quality of care to children/young people and their families, considering the individualised needs for each child based within your allocated Rehabilitation or Residential House.
- You will work within a holistic model to ensure care, education & therapy needs are met twenty-four hours a day.
Clinical/Care/Therapy and Education Skills
- Provides a high standard of direct care, therapy and education to children/young people and their families, in accordance with their care, education and therapy plans.
- Develops clinical competencies as identified in the Children's Trust competency framework.
- Contributes towards providing a stimulating age appropriate house, therapy and school environment.
- Takes part in children/young people's recreational activities and outings.
- To implement risk assessments.
- Commitment to commence the Regulated Qualifications Framework Level 3 (Residential Childcare) within two years of commencing employment within The Children's Trust.
- Attends mandatory training, as directed by line manager, to ensure underpinning knowledge, skills and competencies are developed and attained, to carry out their job effectively
- Participates in The Children's Trust development programme or School Development programmes.
- Shares knowledge and skills with other members of the Multidisciplinary Team.
- Acts in the best interests of the child/young person, at all times, ensuring they remain safe.
- Adheres to The Children's Trust/School Safeguarding Children and Young People's Policy and Procedures.
- Implementing eating & drinking programmes.
- Initiating play activities with the children.
- Promoting comfort and understanding pain tools.
- Supporting behavioural management plans.
- Using postural management techniques and equipment.
- Basic understanding of acquired brain injury.
- Chest management.
- Understanding and management of seizures.
- An understanding of equipment in use for specific child/young people.
- Able to follow care, therapy and education programmes.
- Undertaking personal Care (activities and daily living).
- Taking and interpreting vital signs.
- Administering medication as dispensed by senior staff.
- Administering rectal medication as dispensed by senior staff.
- Administer medications as dispensed, and explained by an identified senior member of staff.
- Effective numeracy skills.
Health, Safety and Well-being
- Understands and adheres to basic infection control requirements.
- Understands and works within risk assessments.
- Understands the importance of incident reporting and utilizes our internal reporting system (IRAR).
- Basic moving and handling (animate).
- Basic moving and handling (inanimate).
- Awareness and understanding of Fire procedures and evacuation
- . Identifies and understands safeguarding risks.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.