Are you a Chef that has passion in producing high quality products? If so, I'd love to hear from you!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Chef to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Park Royal area in London.
Our client has grown consistently and with growth always comes opportunities for those involved. Even with their growth, they still hold onto the values they instilled as a fledgling company. They not only pride themselves on what they produce, but they always endeavour to maintain a healthy environment to work in, which is clearly reflected in the retention levels of our staff across the company.
As a Chef your Responsibilities are:
- PC3 should always be aspiring to do the job of the room managers and therefore assist them in leading the team and taking responsibility for all aspects of the production area. The key areas are detailed below…
- Ensure the quality of the product - the quality of what we do is paramount so always immediately report any quality issues which you've come across or even issues that you suspect may have happened.
- Look after the equipment - respect it like it's your own and it will last a long time. Report any mechanical problems immediately.
- Drive efficiency in the team - Take pride in the team's performance by ensuring all staff and especially junior staff are working quickly and efficiently.
- Minimise wastage - this includes the wastage of materials, packaging, energy and labour.
- Manage the paperwork - There's a lot of it to do and it's all very important so help the room mangers by not only filling out paperwork accurately yourself, but by ensuring that others are doing the same. Remember, without the paperwork being filled out accurately then the obligations of the production team are not being met and the job simply isn't getting done.
- Develop the team - As a company we have a strong record of developing staff and it's a culture that needs to run throughout the business. Make sure you do your bit by assisting in the training and development of the junior staff around you.
- Maintain the cultures of behaviour - Always ensure the company standards and cultures of behaviour are adhered to at all times. Everyone should be treating each other with respect and fairness and speaking to one another how they would expect to be spoken to. As a senior member of the team it's your job to make sure these cultures are maintained as the company progresses and the team grows.
- Ensure the safety of the team - Everyone in the business has the responsibility towards health and safety. It's the responsibility of the individual to work safely and the responsibility of management to provide a safe environment and train the staff accordingly. It's vital that you promote health and safety in the production area and report anything you deem to be unsafe immediately.
- Food Safety and Quality is a must and must be adhered at all time
- Complying to Pots & Co Covid-19 rules in relations to recent Government guidelines
Salary is £28,470
You will work a 37.5 hour week - Monday - Sunday on a 10pm to 6am night shift.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Night Shift Manager
- Park Royal, London
- Up to £40000 per annum + plus pension and other company benefits
- 13 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Nights Shift Manager to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Park Royal area in London. Our client has grown consistently and with growth always comes opportunities for those involved. Even with their growth... Read More
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- Up to £30000 per annum
- 20 days ago
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to join a forward thinking Food Manufacturing business that has ambition for growth. If you are seeking an opportunity to help a business on a journey and contribute significantly to its successful expansion, then this role is ... Read More