Are you a Chef that has passion in producing high quality products? If so, I'd love to hear from you!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Chef to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Park Royal area in London.
Our client has grown consistently and with growth always comes opportunities for those involved. Even with their growth, they still hold onto the values they instilled as a fledgling company. They not only pride themselves on what they produce, but they always endeavour to maintain a healthy environment to work in, which is clearly reflected in the retention levels of our staff across the company.
As a Chef your Responsibilities are:
- To Produce high quality products safely and hygienically as per Company GMP standards
- To assist senior staff in maximising the efficiency of the factory
- To minimise costs particularly wastage of materials, packaging, energy, water and labour
- Assist senior staff to control staff utilisation
- To maintain standards of hygiene, good housekeeping and good environmental practice in all areas in the factory
- To maintain good industrial relations, working closely with all other departments
- To assist senior staff to maintain standards of discipline and behaviour amongst junior staff. Giving junior staff clear directives regarding the work area. Ensuring responsibilities regarding end of shift handovers are completed, reporting any issues to the Shift Manager immediately.
- Report any issues with staff to Shift Manager i.e. poor performance etc
- To train and develop junior operational staff
- To assist in creating awareness of the requirement to work in a safe manner to themselves and their work colleague
- Report all Health and Safety issues to Shift Managers immediately
- To ensure the correct procedures and work methods are being applied by junior staff and any production paperwork responsibilities are completed in full.
- To deputise in the absence of Pots Chef Level 3
- Lead by example. Setting high standards in all the above areas. This will incorporate the need to work overtime were required to complete the days production.
- Food Safety and Quality is a must and must be adhered at all time
- Complying to Pots & Co Covid-19 rules in relations to recent Government guidelines
- Competent level of spoken and written English
- Strong basic work ethic
- Strong ability to follow clear instruction to specified standards
Salary is £23,400
You will work a 37.5 hour week - Monday - Sunday on a 10pm to 6am night shift.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available