The Catering Manager in line with the professional standards is responsible for running a team of cooks and kitchen/ catering assistants. The catering manager needs to make sure legislation and organisational guidelines, policies and procedures are met. They also deliver to client specification and budgets. They support a 'whole school approach' to food culture, and understand how it can improve a school's behaviour, culture and ethos. Nutrition, portion control and quality are essential to achieve an effective food production operation. The role may involve running an operation with prescribed menus, or could include the responsibility of menu design.
First line manager reporting to an Area Manager. You will have day to day management of and oversight of a team of front line employees.
Safeguarding and Confidentiality
- To ensure a positive and safe dining experience for our customers.
- Ensure confidentiality, privacy and dignity is maintained at all times
- Adhere to the Company's safeguarding procedures and promoting the welfare of our clients
- Report any potential safeguarding issues immediately in line with the company's procedures
Relevant training and experience
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate or equivalent (or must complete and pass this training in first three months of employment - post holder must achieve this as a minimum)
- Health and Safety Certificate or equivalent (or must complete and pass this training in first three months of employment - post holder must achieve this as a minimum)
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.