An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to develop their career as Category Executive with a well known FMCG business on a full-time, permanent basis in the Park Royal area London. Our client is a recognised brand leader and is going from strength to strength. This is a Mon to Fri position working 9am to 5pm
Reporting directly into the Category Innovation Controller, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the category, brand and commercial teams with strategic and day to day analysis for ongoing category strategy and customer presentations.
The role would suit an ambitious, forward thinking and dynamic individual who has a real focus on the customer. A real drive and hunger to fulfil to your customer's expectations will be at the forefront of everything you do.
Your Key Responsibilities would be regular visits to stores to stay on top of latest trends and innovation recording insights in a 'what's new' update for the business
Use defined category growth drivers (agreed in advance with each key customer) - to guide day to day work for customers, making sure recommendations are consistent with our growth strategy
Create insight and stories to deliver incremental distribution for key launches.
You will also ensure the management and integrity of the date is accurate to enable top quality customer insights & accurate monthly reporting.
Experience in market insight & data analysis would be advantageous.
Proficiency in interpreting data and relevant work experience and understanding of the UK grocery industry will be beneficial.
Skills and attributes
- The ability to sort, interpret and manipulate numbers; including understanding visual trends from charts and other diagnostics
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with customers & internally
- Good at managing workload pro-actively & good at working to deadlines (sometimes self created)
- Ability to give and receive open feedback
- Great attention to detail will be necessary in this role!
- A knack for numbers
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!