Barker Ross are currently recruiting for a School Caretaker.
Our client is in the education sector and based in Nottingham.
The post holder will:
- Have responsibility for ensuring an effective and efficient caretaking, cleaning and maintenance service is delivered across whole school.
- Ensure the security of premises and grounds including opening and locking up, responding to alarms and making the building secure if necessary in emergency situations out of hours.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance of plant and equipment, and the building site including:
- Heating, air management and other key systems, and ensuring boilers and other key related equipment are serviced and maintained in accordance with regulations
- Carrying out and recording regular checks on water outlets, and other key infrastructure, as per best practice and formal risk assessment
- Carrying out and recording regular checks on fire equipment as per best practice and the fire risk assessment
- Ensuring external grounds are kept clean, tidy and safe including emptying litter bins, cleaning drains, salting hard surfaces and moving snow as required
- Completing, or as appropriate overseeing minor building works, including obtaining quotes where needed, agreeing budget with line manage and monitoring contractors to ensure safe implementation including compliance with H&S and safeguarding requirements
- Planning and delivery as agreed with line manager of proactive and reactive maintenance supporting repair, renewal, and improvement of premises.
- Work with line manager, review and then work within scope of H&S risk assessments, ensure safe working by self and contractors on site, and ensure the safety of others who may be affected by activities carried out on the site.
- Ensure supplies maintained on site and correctly stored and used in line with H&S requirements.
Job Type: Full-time - 12 weeks temporary to permanent
Salary: £10 per hour (19,500 per annum once perm)
- Week 1 Mon-Fri 06:00 - 14:00
- Week 2 Mon-Fri 10:00 - 18:00
- Is it essential you have had experience in the above duties before
You will also need an enhanced DBS for this role, if you do not have this we can process one for you.
If interested, please apply and for more information please call ALEX on 0115 8960 888
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available