We are looking for Care Assistants to join the team in Nottingham, Beeston area NG9.
This is full time role (38 hours per week with overtime available) Temporary for 12 weeks with transfer to permanent contract for the right candidate after 12 weeks.
This role is to provide physical, social and emotional support to tenants within an Extra Care Scheme. To enable tenants to maintain their independence wherever and for as long as possible. To ensure that the highest standards of care are maintained in with organisational policies and procedures and CQC Fundamental Standards of Quality and Safety.
- Main Responsibilities
- To support both male and female tenants in daily living tasks to maintain their independence
- To have individual responsibilities in accordance with the practises and procedures for the personal needs of both male and female tenants in accordance with agreed care plans
- To act as a named worker within the scheme to specific tenants
- To attend team meetings on a regular basis to feedback information of the progress of individual tenants, their changing needs and circumstances
- To be responsible for maintaining general record keeping and respect the confidential nature of personal information
- To attend meetings and reviews of tenants if necessary and appropriate
- To report any faulty equipment
- To follow policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety at work, including Food handling and Manual Handling
- To be available on a flexible roster system as and when required to cover the scheme seven days a week
- To undertake all statutory training and all other training as identified in supervision, Personal Development Plans or as instructed by the Line Manager
- To act in a professional manner at all times ensuring a positive portrayal of the postholder to residents and other individuals both within and outside of organisation.
- To use computers on a regular basis: for example, staff website, online payslips, care management systems and undergo e‑learning
- The postholder may be directed from time to time by the appropriate Manager or CTL to carry out other duties and responsibilities commensurate with his/her post, grade, knowledge and experience.
Tasks to be carried out:
- Personal care and support services to both male and female tenants to include:
- Provide personal care and support services to tenant to include: helping with dressing, undressing, personal hygiene, assisting with toileting needs and bathing, showering, washing, assisting tenants with preparation and cooking of food and assisting with medi-cation
- Provide domestic care and support services to include: cleaning essential areas, Laundry, housework and shopping
- Provide social and emotional care and support to include: escorting tenants on arranged outings, encouragement and confidence building, reading, writing letters and phone calls
All staff must understand and actively participate in the Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity policies and procedures to ensure that service users, other staff and stakeholders are safe and respected in Heritage Care services.
All staff must ensure that confidentiality is maintained regarding all aspects of care relating to servicer users and all issues relating to the Scheme.
- Willing to complete the Care Certificate
- Desirable: Care Certificate but the Diploma in Health &Social Care or related qualification would be an asset.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good team player.
- Desirable: Experience of caring for people with learning disablities.
- Desirable: Experience of performing general household tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the post applied for
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of older people living within the Extra Care and how to support them to lead valued lives in the community.
- Good literacy, numerical and verbal skills
- Able to keep accurate records
- Ability to accept instructions and carry them through
- Basic computer keyboard skills and the ability to use computers on a regular basis. Examples of the level required may include, the use of the internet and emails.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how discrimination may be experienced by minority groups due to disability, sex, age, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
- Desirable: basic software packages to record and access information, including use of care management systems
- Sensitive, kind and considerate
- A good listener
- A sense of fun
- Tactful & approachable
- Organised & patient
- Demonstrate ability to respect the choice, dignity and rights of individuals
- Ability to work flexible, responding to the needs of the service, ensuring that the home has 24 hour staff cover, 365 days of the year.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Willingness to undertake training as directed by the line manager
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Desirable: Car driver with a car available
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Staffordshire, England
- £9.00 - £10.00 per hour
- 28 days ago
Barker Ross Health & Social Care are currently recruiting for healthcare assistants to work across various nursing homes in the Derbyshire area. This role is ongoing on a temporary basis in the Derbyshire area. You will be working very closely with the qualified nurses on shift. There i... Read More
Mental Health Support Worker
- Derbyshire, England
- £9.00 - £10.50 per hour
- 30 days ago
Providing high quality care and support to service users, identifying needs and preferences for each individual and providing personal care to adults and older people with dementia, some challenging behaviours and physical disabilities Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositio... Read More
Housing Advice Worker -Homelessness
- Redbridge, London
- Up to £11.71 per hour
- about 1 month ago
Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Housing Advice Worker -Homelessness - Redbridge and Waltham Forest, 37.5 hours a w... Read More
Mental Health Support Worker
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- £9.10 - £10.80 per hour
- about 1 month ago
Providing high quality care to service users, identifying needs and preferences for each individual and providing personal care to young adults and adults with mental health, self-harm, challenging behaviour and some substance misuse Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioni... Read More
Lead Outreach Worker -Rough Sleepers
- East London, London
- Up to £13.06 per hour
- 4 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More