Barker Ross are looking to recruit a Care Manager based in Enfield.
Our client provides high quality homecare services that support the rights of customers to live the
lives they choose as far as they are able. The Care Manager is directly accountable to the
To efficiently manage the day to day running of the service through effective management
and oversight of the Care Coordinator.
To ensure the service is a provider of choice in the local area and therefore there is a strong
ethos on carer engagement/ retention and local engagement with the community.
Understand branch KPI's to ensure objectives are set and monitored to enable KPI's to be
Provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and
responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Ensure the service has an open culture (duty of candour) where there is a strong emphasis
on staff engagement and peer learning.
Take part in the out of hours service and review of the business continuity plan.
Manage the safety and quality of the business
● Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative
requirements and company policy and procedures
● Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice
and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management
and delivery of care
● Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as
lead for infection prevention and control
● Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal
requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
● Implement quality management and improvement systems
● Effectively manage complaints, accidents and incidents and allegations of abuse
● Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to
● Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
● Act as the complaints, medication, compliments and accidents & incidents lead for
● Ensure the service safely manages medication
● Ensure reviews, trends analysis and learning outcomes are completed on
complaints, concerns, safeguardings and accidents & incidents
Lead and Manage Team
● To establish a safety, quality and customer-focused culture.
● Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively
and safely carry out their roles
● To undertake regular 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports, reviewing workload and
feeding back on individual performance
● Undertake annual appraisal process for direct reports
● Manage day to day workload and performance matters
● Management of health and safety issues within the service
● Manage the effective recruitment of Professional Carers
● Manage the effective onboarding of Professional Carers
● Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately
to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in
relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
● Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls
either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent
● Works closely with Central Services team (HR, Finance, IT and other stakeholders)
to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area,
as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Full drivers licence with no more than 6 points and Class 1 business insurance
● Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service
● Ability to plan and organise workloads effectively so customers receive the services
● Good administrative skills and computer literacy
● Ability to maintain clear written and electronic records and to follow statutory
● Experience of financial management desirable
● Ability to implement Cera Care's policies, procedures and instructions
● Willingness to work flexibly and to keep knowledge and skills up to date
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.