Care Assistant - Mental health, Stafford, par time day or night shifts available, £13-15ph.
Our client based in Stafford is a Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) hospital for young people aged 11 to 18 years with a diagnosed mental health condition such as Bipolar Disorder or an Eating Disorder.
The hospital is set in a rural location within the grounds of a old country manor house. It is conveniently situated on the A5 just 10 miles from Stafford and five miles from junction 12 of the M6. They have our own Ofsted registered school on site to ensure studies can continue during a young person's stay. We welcome young people, both male and female, aged between 11 and 18 years with a diagnosed mental illness such as:
- Bipolar Disorder * Self-harm * Anorexia Nervosa or Bulimia Nervosa * Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder * Emerging Personality Disorder * Mood Disorders * Psychosis
We are also able to admit patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (2007).
The hospital is split into three separate wards. Each ward has its own consultant led multi-disciplinary team and caters for young people with different care needs. * CQC rated as good overall with "outstanding" for caring * Three on-site consultant-led multi-disciplinary teams offering evidence-based therapies * Ofsted registered school rated as "good" * Occupational therapy kitchen and nutritional support * Supported family meals on-site * Outdoor sports area, including basketball court * Gym * Activities and events programme for patients and families * Minibus for appointments/outings 36 beds split over 3 wards Overview Eating Disorder Service -
The ward is for clients with eating disorder and service is the original county manor house. They support and help young people to establish a healthy eating pattern and to address underlying psychological issues as well as working on relapse prevention. They work closely with our families and carers and their community team to give our patients the best chance of recovery when they go home.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out care plans,
- Providing person-centred support that takes into account the social and emotional well-being of clients as well as their physical needs
- Enabling clients to engage in and feel a part of their communities
- Working proactively with external agencies
- Promoting independent living skills such as personal hygiene, cooking, cleaning and finance
- Prompting or support with personal care
- At least 6-12 months paid experience in a care or support environment with complex needs or mental health within a hospital or residential setting
- MUST have experience administering medication - Training in healthcare and previous experience required.
- A genuine interest and commitment to working with vulnerable adults / young people and to providing the highest standards of care and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to display initiative, a proactive attitude and work effectively in a team
- Manual handling and hoist training would be beneficial
- Flexible with regards to shifts
If you feel you meet these requirements, please apply with an up-to-date copy of your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07824016243 directly.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Mental Health Support Worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £9.00 - £11.00 per annum
- 16 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Chesterfield, S40 Salary: £9.00 - £11.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time and part time (rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care currently have an amazing op... Read More
Mental Health Support Worker
- Chilwell, Nottinghamshire
- £9.00 - £10.80 per hour
- 17 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Chilwell, Nottingham Salary: £9.00 - £10.80 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time / Nights (some days available) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruit... Read More
Recruitment Consultant - Health and Social Care
- City of London, London
- £22000 - £25000 per annum
- 16 days ago
Position Available: Health and Social Care Recruitment Consultant - City of London, Permanent, £22-24kpa and a rewarding commission structure We are a well established Fun and professional company to work for! We are looking for recruiters with experience within health and social care r... Read More
Care Worker (Temp to Perm)
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £8.91 per hour + PAYE+ holiday pay
- 9 days ago
We are looking for Care Assistants to join the team in Nottingham, Beeston area NG9. This is full time role (38 hours per week with overtime available) Temporary for 12 weeks with transfer to permanent contract for the right candidate after 12 weeks. This role is to provide physical, so... Read More
Finance Assistant - Kings Cross
- North London, London
- Up to £11.46 per hour
- 6 days ago
Our client provides support to clients with learning and physical disabilities across London. Position Available: Finance Assistant - Kings Cross, 5-6 months, 37.5 hours per week, £11.46 per hour plus holiday pay accrued during placement. Role Purpose: The post holder will be responsibl... Read More