Care and Support Worker
Location: High Wycombe
Rate: £9.10ph weekdays and 10.35ph weekends
Hours: Sunday - Thursday 4pm - 8pm / Friday Saturday off (20 hours per week)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Job type: Permanent
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a care provider based in the High Wycombe area.
This support role will involve supporting young adults and adults with learning disabilities within their own home. We are looking for someone who has a strong work ethic and positive attitude towards working in the health and social care industry.
What will you be doing as a Care Support Worker:
- Providing short-term, community-based support to patients and Carers living in Winslow
- Support Community Compliance Supervisors within the community with quality assurance as required.
- To be trained to create care and support plans and carry out appropriate risk assessments
- Providing practical and emotional support for service users and their carers
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including shopping and light domestic duties
- Support with medication. Prompting increased fluid intake, ensuring hydration and nutrition levels and provision of meals
- To implement and maintain best practice safeguarding procedures for adults and children, liaising with the appropriate authorities as required
- To continuously monitor and regularly evaluate service delivery ensuring best practice at all times and consulting with clients to identify their levels of satisfaction and future needs, ensuring that any queries or complaints are dealt with effectively and efficiently
Does this position sound great and want to know why you should work for our client?
They work with over 1000 carers and the people they care for, supporting people of all ages and disabilities, providing carers with essential breaks from the stresses of caring. We provide this valuable support in the community, in the homes of families.
The Carers are not here today and gone tomorrow. They love their work, and their training and long experience means they understand what carers, and those they care for, need and feel. They know the simple things that really matter, they do the hard jobs with a smile and they take pleasure in fitting into family life.
- 40p per mile paid for fuel
- A fully paid DBS check
- Paid holiday
- Mandatory and enhancement training
- Access to your own online roster
- We provide 'One to one' and group support to all our Carers (we listen)
- A role that offers further career opportunities and qualifications (Diplomas)
- Work mobile phone, equipped with work email
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.