We are recruiting for a Buyer to join a leading food importer and distributor based in Bedfordshire.
Our client is a highly regarded family business and have been established for many years. The successful candidate will have a strong FMCG background and will oversee purchasing operations for the whole group across their UK sites.
- Circa £35,000 per annum depending upon experience
- Company pension
- Free Parking
- You will report to the Purchasing Manager you will strive to deliver the effective sourcing strategy and the goals in support of the business evolvement.
- Oversee and make recommendations of the regular review of current purchasing practice
- Creating, developing and implementing new sourcing strategy to improve procurement performance.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and ensure contracts and negotiations are in place to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Develop supplier relationships and systems that ensure continuous improvement within cost, value and service
- Keeping abreast of current market trends and commodity information
- Liaise closely with the sales team to prioritise needs and develop effective sourcing processes, work closely with finance department to ensure full operational understanding.
- Have food or ingredients procurement background from an FMCG, or retail business with superb commercial awareness.
- Have strong knowledge across the full procurement lifecycle
- Be a self-starter, driven, have the ability to build key relationships, can work under pressure
- Thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong analytical skill
If you are interested in the Buyer role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available