1. Job Purpose & Objectives
· To provide an effective support service to the Regulation Service Unit liaising directly with officers, the public and other organisations as required, undertaking tasks and projects as necessary.
· To deal with enquiries and complaints from customers, Councillors, local businesses and outside agencies by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
2. Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Respond to requests, queries and complaints received relating to the work of the Service Unit, dealing with members of the public, Councillors, colleagues, businesses, contractors and outside agencies, referring to databases and record systems as necessary.
2. Provide correct and relevant information, guidance and advice and resolve issues where appropriate.
3. Use, update and maintain record systems to ensure documentation and relevant records exist ensuring accuracy and security of information.
4. Prepare and produce certificates, Notices, statements, letters, reports, licences and other documents as required.
5. Compile and maintain statistical data and provide management information as required.
6. Retrieve and check data and submit relevant information for Local Land Searches.
7. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
8. Check and approve invoices prior to payment. Receive and process monies and cheques and issue receipts accordingly.
9. Take notes of meetings and transcribe PACE interview tapes as required.
10. Compile information to create customer questionnaires, distribute and record all returned data.
11. Develop effective working relationships with colleagues and to work towards continuous improvements in all aspects of service provision.
12. Operate machines, including photocopiers, scanner and fax on a routine basis.
13. Prioritise and order own work on a daily basis to achieve completion of personal and group tasks.
14. Complete routine and ad hoc administrative tasks, as directed, to the required standard and within the prescribed timescale.
15. Undertake personal training and development activities necessary for the duties of the post.
16. Participate in a rota system for office cover.
17. Adapt to, and contribute to, new working practices.
18. Act in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations, legislation and Council policy relating to self and others at all times.
19. Interchange tasks of a similar level with other members of staff in the Unit as required.
3. Supervisory / Managerial responsibility
Daily contact with members of the public, local businesses, Councillors and colleagues at all levels within the organisation and external agencies.
5. Additional Information
The postholder will need to demonstrate a flexible approach in undertaking a range of varied tasks and respond positively to changes determined by the needs of the Service Unit.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Bedford, Bedfordshire
- £29000 - £36000 per annum
- 24 days ago
Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious qualified C# Developer to join the team! The Company Is a fast paced, growing ecommerce fulfilment and logistics business, currently investing heavily in developing the IT resource required to support their exciting future plans. They are a small, ... Read More
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £18000 - £22000 per annum
- 16 days ago
The Barker Ross Leicester Industrial Branch are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join their growing team! We are growing at a fast rate, could you be the right person for this role? We are looking for someone who has prior experience working as an Account Manager and who ha... Read More