We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join a leading food retailer, wholesaler, importer and distributor.
Our client is a highly regarded family business and have been established for many years serving the restaurant, food service, manufacturing and wholesale sectors. The successful candidate will have a strong FMCG background and will be responsible for sales development in the North of England and Scotland.
- £28,000 to £34,000 per annum dependent upon experience
- Competitive open-ended bonus scheme
- Company Car
- Company pension
- To be the lead salesperson on building the customer base across all sales channels for a range of world food products.
- To create a sales strategy for each channel and pioneer new accounts for the company brands.
- To open new listings across retail and other sales channels, such as health food channels, Wholesale, Restaurant and Foodservice
- To manage the day to day relationship and contact with the retail buying teams
- Providing Promotional support by liaising the Supply Chain and the Customer to secure well executed instore Promotions
- Maximise the accessibility of our products to our customers
- Build excellent customer relationships and develop long-lasting relationships across our business
- Oversee and make recommendations of the regular review of current purchasing practice
- Creating, developing and implementing new sourcing strategy to improve procurement performance.
- Keeping abreast of current market trends and commodity information
- Liaise closely with the sales team to prioritise needs and develop effective sourcing processes, work closely with finance department to ensure full operational understanding.
- Previous sales experience within the food sector is essential together
- You could be a candidate now looking for more responsibility and more autonomy in your role
- Abundance of resilience
- You must be tenacious and willing to apply the work ethic required to be successful
- You will be incredibly driven and have the desire to work in a people-centric environment - you put in the hard work, you will get the support and rewards in return
- Full UK driving licence is essential
If you are interested in the Business Development Manager role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Technical Sales Engineer
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- 24 days ago
We are recruiting for an experienced Internal Sales Engineer for a leading manufacturer of products used in used in electricity generation, transmission and distribution. They supply to large contractors, OEMs and end users throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America. The... Read More