An opportunity has arisen for a Bakery Team Leader to join a very successful and growing delicatessen bakery company in the Coventry area on a full time permanent basis.
The Bakery Team Leader will oversee all bakery department related activities throughout the shift.
You will prepare and oversee all the production of bakery products and will run control checks to ensure the production is adhering to all Company Health and Safety and Food Quality Controls.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Forecast production using given tools.
- Plan team's workload.
- To oversee all bakery production making sure it is done in a safe and professional way.
- Maintain a high level of quality, Inspecting finished products.
- Make sure all staff, visitors and contractors are adhering to Company policy and procedures. * Report absences and absences.
- Investigate and report any issues arising with the work environment to the relevant departments.
- Liaising with line manager on safety or issues of concern.
- Maintain a good level supplies.
- To ensure compliance with all Food Safety and Health and Safety rules of the company.
- Assist with Stock takes as and when required.
- To check and sign all relevant paperwork.
- Log all production on to the relevant spreadsheets, Software.
- Motivate and training the team.
- Complete any ad-hoc duties, as required.
Qualifications and skills our client is looking for:
- Good people skills, ability to delegate responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of operating baking equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail and skilled organisation.
- Ability to train staff accordingly.
- Team player who is able to motivate and encourage their team to meet relevant standards.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Legislation.
- Willingness to undertake further training and development.
- Basic Knowledge of Maths, English, Excel and Word is required.
The successful candidate will need physical requirements, Bakery colleagues are expected to have certain level of fitness and physical stamina.
You will also need to have an understanding of Manual Handling principles.
All relevant personal protective equipment (PPE) is fully provided.
This role is working Sunday to Thursday 7am to 3pm.
Salary for this opportunity £23,000 plus company benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!