An opportunity has arisen for a Bakery Assistant to join a very successful and growing delicatessen bakery company in the Coventry area on a full time permanent basis.
As Bakery Assistant you will assist and help in the preparation and production of bakery products under guidance from the Bakery Team Leader/Manager/Site Operations Manager.
Workload will include mixing, baking, cutting sponges and other bakery duties such as washing and cleaning trays.
Work will be carried out in the warehouse factory with a team of people.
Knowledge of Bakery Equipment maintenance would be helpful.
Duties and responsibilities
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cake sponges and loaf cakes.
- To check ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- To complete relevant paperwork as required.
- Loading and unloading products by maintaining cleanliness and tidiness.
- Follow instructions issued by Bakery Supervisor/Bakery Team Leader.
- To ensure compliance with all Food Safety and Health and Safety rules of the company.
Qualifications and skills are client is looking for:
- Basic English and Maths are required.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Experience in a previous position would be helpful.
- Good organisational skills.
- Must be able to follow health and safety regulations.
This role is working Sunday to Thursday 7am to 3pm.
Salary for this opportunity £20,085 plus company benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!