A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Shift Manager (Nights) at a multi-site manufacturer of home baking products based in Nottingham.
The role is to support the delivery of the scheduled plan in line with agreed raw material, packaging and labour costs. You will require a technical understanding of the production machinery in terms of set up and fault finding.
This position will support the leading, supervising and facilitating of operational efficiency within the factory. You will help establish a culture of continuous improvement in a safe working environment, which will ensure that operational KPI's are met, failures addressed, and root cause analysis determined, and appropriate corrective action taken. You will ensure that correct equipment is available. You will also need to have a technical mindset of machinery set up and initial fault finding.
The main objective is to ensure products are produced on time to required standards for the client with a focus on employee engagement, continuous improvement and waste minimization.
- In depth knowledge of factory equipment e.g., filling wrapping machines, metal detectors, label applicators and various packing machines.
- Escalation of "issues" in a timely manner to the shift manager.
- Ensure that all relevant training is carried out and conduct regular spot checks.
- Ensure that line clearance is carried out and all returned components are accounted before returning to Warehouse.
- Ensuring HR policies & procedures are followed.
- Ensure a smooth handover with incoming shift.
- Ensure high levels of health and safety rules are followed at all times and quality is maintained.
- Adhere to Food Safety practices, HACCP controls and good manufacturing practice to ensure safe, high quality products.
- Ensure that hygiene rules and good GMP practices are carried out in the factory.
- Report near misses carry out and document investigation into near misses and accidents
- Update risk assessments/SSoW's/SOP's as required.
- Deliver continuous improvement programs.
- Identify staff for development.
- Carry out daily shift communications.
Work Experience Requirements
- Experience of an accredited Food Industry Standard system, e.g. BRC
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- IT Literate
The salary for this opportunity is £25k plus you will receive an extra 10% night shift premium (salary will therefore be £27,500).
Working hours for this role are 9.30pm to 6.30pm.
For immediate consideration please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Leicestershire, England
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- 8 days ago
A well-established haulage, warehousing and pallet distribution services business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport General Manager to join their expanding business in the Leicester region on a full time, permanent basis. This is a real opportunity to shape and de... Read More
Airfreight Key Account Manager
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- £28000 - £30000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 4 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Airfreight Key Account Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Bradford. This is a truly excitin... Read More
Supply Chain Manager (3PL)
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 15 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Supply Chain Manager to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Bradford. This is a truly an exciting time to join a company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and... Read More
Senior Terminal Operator
- East Midlands, England
- £50000 - £60000 per annum + plus car allowance, bonus etc.
- 10 days ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Terminals Operator (Rail Freight) who is looking to take that next important career step. You will join an expanding, dynamic business with specialism in contain... Read More