A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Shift Manager (Nights) at a multi-site manufacturer of home baking products based in Nottingham.
The role is to support the delivery of the scheduled plan in line with agreed raw material, packaging and labour costs. You will require a technical understanding of the production machinery in terms of set up and fault finding.
This position will support the leading, supervising and facilitating of operational efficiency within the factory. You will help establish a culture of continuous improvement in a safe working environment, which will ensure that operational KPI's are met, failures addressed, and root cause analysis determined, and appropriate corrective action taken. You will ensure that correct equipment is available. You will also need to have a technical mindset of machinery set up and initial fault finding.
The main objective is to ensure products are produced on time to required standards for the client with a focus on employee engagement, continuous improvement and waste minimization.
- In depth knowledge of factory equipment e.g., filling wrapping machines, metal detectors, label applicators and various packing machines.
- Escalation of "issues" in a timely manner to the shift manager.
- Ensure that all relevant training is carried out and conduct regular spot checks.
- Ensure that line clearance is carried out and all returned components are accounted before returning to Warehouse.
- Ensuring HR policies & procedures are followed.
- Ensure a smooth handover with incoming shift.
- Ensure high levels of health and safety rules are followed at all times and quality is maintained.
- Adhere to Food Safety practices, HACCP controls and good manufacturing practice to ensure safe, high quality products.
- Ensure that hygiene rules and good GMP practices are carried out in the factory.
- Report near misses carry out and document investigation into near misses and accidents
- Update risk assessments/SSoW's/SOP's as required.
- Deliver continuous improvement programs.
- Identify staff for development.
- Carry out daily shift communications.
Work Experience Requirements
- Experience of an accredited Food Industry Standard system, e.g. BRC
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- IT Literate
The salary for this opportunity is £25k plus you will receive an extra 10% night shift premium (salary will therefore be £27,500).
Working hours for this role are 9.30pm to 6.30pm.
For immediate consideration please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £40000 - £45000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 4 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for ambitious individuals to implement their professional experience as Planning Manager, with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises i... Read More
Operations Manager (3PL)
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £42000 - £55000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 12 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is a truly exci... Read More
Customer Support Manager (Logistics)
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Up to £40000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 18 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Customer Support Coordinator available to a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply C... Read More
100 x Warehouse Jobs at FRASERS - FREE TRANSPORT PROVIDED
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £8.65 - £10.50 per hour + +£60/week OT Bonus
- 12 days ago
100 x Warehouse Jobs at FRASERS - FREE TRANSPORT PROVIDED - REGULAR HOURS GUARANTEED & BONUSES AVAILABLE!! DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR THE UK'S LEADING NO. 1 SPORTS RETAILER? WE ARE RECRUITING! FREE TRANSPORT FROM NOTTINGHAM AVAILABLE!! Barker Ross Group are currently working with an employ... Read More
Head of Operations
- Nottinghamshire, England
- £60000 - £65000 per annum + car, bonus, pension, health
- 11 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced senior NDC Operations Manager to join a dynamic, successful and highly people oriented growing organisation. You will join a friendly, pro-active and forward-thinking team on a full time, permanent basis at their state-of-the-art Not... Read More