A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Shift Manager - 9 months Fixed Term Contract at a multi-site UK based manufacturer of home baking products based in Nottingham.
To support the delivery of the scheduled plan in line with agreed raw material, packaging and labour costs. Technical understanding of the production machinery in terms of set up and fault finding.
This position will support the leading, supervising and facilitating of operational efficiency within the factory. You will help establish a culture of continuous improvement in a safe working environment, which will ensure that operational KPI's are met, failures addressed, and root cause analysis determined and appropriate corrective action taken. You will ensure that correct equipment is available. You will also need to have a technical mindset of machinery set up and initial fault finding.
The main objective is to ensure products are produced on time to required standards for the client with a focus on employee engagement, continuous improvement and waste minimization.
- In depth knowledge of factory equipment e.g., filling wrapping machines, metal detectors, label applicators and various packing machines.
- Escalation of "issues" in a timely manner to the shift manager.
- Ensure that all relevant training is carried out and conduct regular spot checks.
- Ensure that technical paperwork is correct and verified at end of shift.
- Ensure that line clearance is carried out and all returned components are accounted before returning to Warehouse.
- Ensuring HR policies & procedures are followed.
- Ensure a smooth handover with incoming shift.
- Ensure high levels of health and safety rules are followed at all times and quality is maintained.
- Adhere to Food Safety practices, HACCP controls and good manufacturing practice to ensure safe, high quality products.
- Ensure that hygiene rules and good GMP practices are carried out in the factory.
- Report near misses carry out and document investigation into near misses and accidents
- To ensure non-conformances raised are addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Update risk assessments/SSoW's/SOP's as required.
- Deliver continuous improvement programs.
- Identify staff for development.
- Carry out daily shift communications.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Problem solver, methodical approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage people
Work Experience Requirements
- Experience of an accredited Food Industry Standard system, e.g., BRC
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- IT Literate
Committed to the following goals and objectives:
- Provide internal customers with a level of service required.
- To actively contribute to all aspects of the operation.
- To improve the performance of the team.
- Minimize waste, promote recycling and raw material consumption
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 1pm - 11pm, salary: Up to £25,000 per year
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Business Unit Leader Food Manufacturing
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £43000 - £44000 per annum
- 24 days ago
Our client is one of the largest manufacturers of ready to eat food products and supplies to both retailers and foodservice operations across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit a Business Unit Leader for one of their sites based near Corby. The role is a Days position working... Read More
Master Fryer Food Manufacturing Nights
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- Up to £27075 per annum
- 22 days ago
Our client is a highly successful food manufacturing company in Leicester; due to continued success they are now looking to recruit an additional Master Fryer on their Night shift The Master Fryer will be operating the fryers in accordance with stated procedures and ensure that producti... Read More
Production Operative - cake bakery
- Fleckney, Leicestershire
- £8.91 - £9.91 per hour
- 27 days ago
Barker Ross is currently recruiting for Food Production Operatives to work for a food manufacturing company (cake bakery) based in Fleckney LE8 area. Our client has been developing bakery solutions for food service providers, retailers and bakers for over 30 years. FULL TIME CONTRACT AS... Read More