Our client is a well established waste management company based in Corby who is looking for an experienced Assistant Operations Manager to join their team as soon as possible.
This is an exciting permanent opportunity with a package that will include a negotiable salary depending on experience, a company van including fuel card, laptop, phone, hotel card and expenses.
Hours of work will be 40 per week or as required to fulfil the role. Overnight stays may be required to avoid unnecessary travel as the majority of the time this role will be based from home however; there will be a requirement to travel nationally to oversee the various sites the company has.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Managing the day to day operations od the onsite waste teams at various customer sites
- Deliver suitable training for all team members and delivery of regular team briefings
- Ensure employees fulfil their H&S responsibilities on site monitored by you
- Ensure that waste storage areas are always kept in good order
- Ensure waste segregation processes are adhered to
- Deliver improvements in processes to help deliver cost reduction and process improvements
- Assist with the completion of risk assessments as required
- Carry out compliance spot checks on vehicles transporting dangerous goods/materials from sites where appropriate
- ensure that all work is scheduled efficiently with the best use of both labour and equipment by managing the onsite teams effectively
- motivate, train and develop employees according to company policies and procedures
- Filling in for the onsite operatives when they are on annual leave to carry out the specific duties to ensure smooth running of the contract
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have:-
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Line Management Qualification
- Knowledge of waste management site and processes
- IT competent (Microsoft Office, Excel, Lotus Notes, Outlook etc.)
- Driving license
- Class 2 HGV Licence - Desirable
Please apply in the first instance or call Barker Ross Lincoln on 01522 551910 for more information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.