Our client is one of the largest recyclers of steel in the UK. They now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant.
The Assistant Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the provision of General Ledger accounting services for central finance in line with required KPIs and service levels.
- Ensure financial information is provided on a timely basis to allow sufficient time for review by business partners and project leaders whilst maintaining full compliance with reporting deadlines set by Group Reporting and Control.
- Ownership of several balance sheet accounts in the reconciliation process on the financial ledger system
- Assistance with year-end statutory reporting requirements as requested
- Assistance with VAT and EU reporting on the financial system
- Assistance with financial compliance checks of businesses within the group
- Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts for management review
- Assistance with month end system procedures, e.g. ledger opening and closing, mapping scheme/integration transaction, and master data maintenance.
- Other ad hoc projects relating to the Finance Department as and when required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with nominated internal and external customers to facilitate achievement of service levels and KPIs.
- Support Reporting & Compliance section manager in identifying any problem issues within the nominal ledgers for specific businesses and ensure appropriate and timely escalation to facilitate prompt resolution.
The successful Assistant Accountant will demonstrate solid accounting knowledge and ability, as well as competency with Microsoft Office packages, particularly with VLookUps and Pivot tables on Microsoft Excel.
Benefits for the Assistant Accountant role include:
Upto £25,000 per annum pro rata
35 days hol
If you are interested in the Assistant Accountant role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available