Barker Ross are recruiting for an Boom Assembly chargehand based in corby who are an award winning Manufacturer and supplier.
As the Assembly chargehand you will be responsible for a team 7 and will work along side the Assembly Manager supporting the day to day running of the Department.
Our client has had substantial growth over many consecutive years and are now looking for someone who wants to join them in this fantastic opportunity, they are looking for someone who wants to grow and develop their career, become more actively involved within the business and help them to develop further and go from strength to strength over the coming years.
Duties would include, but not limited to:
- Support your Line manager in the day to day running of the department.
- Ensure that at all times employees are carrying out their processes in a safe manner, in line with training.
- Support in forward planning jobs for the team.
- Random audit of assemblies, ensuring Quality is not compromised.
- Hands -on as part of the Assembly team, supplying own tools
- Read and interpret drawings/spec sheets to determine the specific requirements
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators as required to support needs of the business.
- Ensure work areas are clean and organised and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Follow all company rules and policies as laid out in the Company Handbook
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximise productivity and efficiency.
- Step in to your Line Managers role, to cover Holidays and sickness.
- Stock monitoring
Knowledge and Experience:
- Have had supervisory experience in a previous role within an assembly department is desirable.
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and emails
- Knowledge of materials, Assembly processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximising the effective Assembly of products
- Ability to produce quality products consistently.
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses
- Ability to read drawings, tape measures and gauges
- Fork lift Truck Licence
Salary is negotiable, dependant on Experience.
Hours of work are: Mon - Thur 8am - 5pm, Friday 8am - 4.30pm
Please call Barker Ross Northampton for more information 01604 634479
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available