- Responsible for managing a team of Farm Liaison Managers; overseeing and supervising their day to day operations.
- Close liaison with the Head of Agronomy Department to ensure availability of sufficient, suitable Agricultural Land for spreading activities and adequate storage for inclement weather contingencies.
- Liaison with the Agronomy Department and close working relationships with Heads of other relevant Departments within the company to communicate the locations of spreading and storage and any field moves necessary.
- To lead the members of his Farm Liaison Management Team by the excellence of his own personal Farm Liaison performance, with particular regard to future Planning of spreading and storage locations.
- Overseeing the correct procedures / implementation of paperwork handed in to the Agronomy Department for application to the Environment Agency for applying for Land Spreading Deployments
- Overseeing farmer/farm visits and inspections are carried out according to company procedures.
Skills, qualifications and practical experience
- WAMITAB qualified
- A.C.T.S qualified
- Relevant experience of direct involvement with agriculture including Sales experience
- Knowledge of land spreading techniques and equipment
- Current knowledge of Waste Regulations / Land spreading regulations
- Knowledge of Environmental Management
- Experience of dealing with the Environment Agency
- Experience of detailed and professional reporting
- Full UK driver's license (Clean)
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following Skills:
- Strongly motivated
- Able to lead a team
- Attention to detail and process
- Willingness to work outside and inside as the job requires
- Willingness to travel as the job requires
- Flexible to the needs of the business
- Unfazed by a busy, full on working environment
- Comfortable with working relationships both external and internal to the office environment (e.g. Environment Agency Liaison, the onsite op teams)
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.