This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early
stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric
modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the
residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable
homes for people to enjoy living in. As Architectural Technologist you will be part of an
integrated project team responsible for developing the technical design of new modular
schemes working closely with the business' BIM Leaders and members of other operating
companies' professional teams.
Initially the work will focus on developing modular standards and creating the supporting
documentation to share with relevant operating companies and their professional teams. You
will also be responsible for the preparation / publication of technical information to support
the business' plan for evidencing regulatory compliance of the Berkeley Modular volumetric
modular system as well as securing type approval for warranting of the same. All of these
facets of technical work will need to be in place prior to going live with production, and final
product testing of first prototype modules.
The factory will be highly automated based on lean manufacturing philosophies which are
supported by direct model-to-machine conversion logic in order to drive production
equipment directly from BIM structures. Hence, the process of creating technical models will
be critical in terms of developing design for manufactured solutions that can be produced in
an effective / efficient manner. The business' BIM Leaders will be responsible for developing
an Organisational Information Requirements (ORI) strategy mapped against RIBA Plan of
Work logic which will provide the over-arching structure to work within, and you will be work
within this framework on projects delivering against individual task information delivery
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Development of standard detailing for building regulation type approval
- Development of standard detailing for building warranty type approval
- Development of Berkeley Modular standard plans for housing and apartments
- Development of Berkeley Modular design brief for consultants
- Development of Berkeley Modular Technical Manual and Installation guide
- Working with other operating companies' professional teams to develop the technical designs for manufacturing of product.
- Working with BIM Leaders to map out process and information / data workflow against the RIBA Plan of Work
- Assist in the creation standard modelled components linked to a master parts library
- Assist in the development of concepts and specifications for key supply chain products such as bathroom modules
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant architectural / technician discipline
- Direct exposure to and experience of multi-disciplinary BIM, preferably in an offsite manufacturing environment
- Proficient with 3D BIM environments such as Revit, Inventor, Navisworks or Solidworks
- Knowledge of the PAS 1192 framework
- Experience of steel framing technologies, but also knowledgeable about building fabric, mechanical / electrical services, etc
- Experience of residential markets
- Good architectural and technical detailing skills
- Can develop designs from conceptual to technical stage
- Good understanding of Building Regulations
- Understand requirements and outputs commensurate with the RIBA Plan of Work
- Fully conversant with CDM Regulations and other relevant construction / manufacturing industry technical standards
- Exposure to processes within manufacturing environment
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.