A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Airfreight Key Account Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Bradford. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and Distribution.
As Airfreight Key Account Manager, you will support of Head of Airfreight and will be responsible for the logistics of the exporting goods via air freight. This would include duties such as the booking/planning of transport, the completion of all documentation and solving any problems that arise across the department. A key aspect of this role will be to build and form solid trusting relationships with key suppliers and clients and keep them updated.
Responsibilities of the Airfreight Key Account Manager will include:
- Building strong lasting working relationships with suppliers, airlines as well as overseas partners/agents, whilst maintaining a high level of customer service throughout.
- Arranging the import/export of goods with air cargo carrier.
- Actively processing supplier invoices and maintaining customer spreadsheet making sure all data entry is correct and kept up to date.
- Managing the day-to-day Import bookings of worldwide Airfreight shipments.
- Undertaking extensive supplier liaison and negotiation, including internal liaison with the sales team and assisting with quotations and service status information.
- Managing the processing of Road consignments in line with an agreed standard operating procedure ensuring the achievement of internal Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Building new shipments on CargoWise and booking with approved suppliers, whilst also conducting daily checks on collections and deliveries.
- Maintaining a high level of understanding of your customers' business in order to suggest and deliver initiatives that will benefit those customers and assist in the longer-term retention of them.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent organisational skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent people management skills, the ability to lead a team successfully and the capability to influence those around you.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal allowing you to converse with key stakeholders in the business both internally and externally.
- The ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving experience.
- The ability to confidently identify new opportunities for the business - previous experience doing so would be desirable.
- Previous experience within a customer service environment.
- 3PL supply chain experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user.
Salary for this opportunity is £28k-£30k plus company benefits.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.