My client (Local Authority) requires 10 Administration Officers to support their Children and Young Peoples Services. The role will be based across Durham and Hybrid working is an option.
This role will report directly to the Business Support Manager with the purpose of providing a consistent and seamless service for service users, ensuring meetings are arranged, diary alignment is managed appropriately, accurate notes and records of events are recorded and produced to timescale.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Arrange, prepare and attend all Child Protection Conferences, Looked After Reviews, Foster Carer Reviews and all other related meetings in line with IRO objectives, ensuring effective time and cost management
- Manage all allocated work robustly and ensure all relevant paperwork received within timescale e.g. invitation lists
- Take notes of all Children's and Foster Carer Reviews via laptop to a consistent high quality and circulate within agreed timescales
- Confirm attendance of all related parties at reviews/meetings in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure the room is prepared, arrangements are appropriate and that arrangements are confirmed to all necessary parties
- Use IT system packages, e.g. Word/Excel to take and communicate notes and be prepared to learn and use new technology to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
- Coordination and alignment of personal and IRO diaries to facilitate the above
- Escalate any issues/concerns to the IRO in a timely manner
- To effectively time manage all work
- Ensure a flow of communication is maintained with the QRAO and QRSA's to ensure adequate clerical support is provided for each review/meeting to comply with set timescales and deadlines for reviews/meetings
- Attend, support and produce quality records of meetings in accordance with procedural and legislative timescales
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of processes and work schedules to targets and provide an efficient and effective service to staff and service users
- Keeping up to date all relevant information systems, conforming to departmental standards and procedures
- Maintaining and keeping up to date all quality assurance and performance management systems
- Deputise for the QRAO as and when required
- Perform all related tasks as required to meet the targets and objectives of the Service
- Work hours as required throughout the County as appropriate to meet Service targets
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all partner agencies to ensure a consistent reviewing of processes for all children and foster carers reviews
- Ensure all written information for reviews is gathered in a timely manner and follow up as per procedures
- Ensure that all travel arrangements to Reviews are always cost effective and in conjunction with the IRO
- Ensure that attendance and participation at relevant development working groups e.g. LSCB
Ideal candidates will possess the following experience:
- Note taking/recording and capturing relevant information for statutory professional meetings
- Working in a clerical/administrative environment
- Diary maintenance and alignment
- Arranging all aspects of meetings - invites, preparation of required documentation and room, room booking etc
- Communicating effectively and professionally in verbal and written formats
- Using Performance Monitoring Systems
- Filing and organisation of work
- Dealing professionally with members of the public, service users and partner agencies
- Using information databases, both input and checking
A National Qualification in Business Administration is required to Level 3.
Please apply in the first instance with your CV.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.