A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ambitious individuals to implement their professional experience as Transport General Manager, with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in West Yorkshire. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and Distribution.
The successful Transport General Manager will take full leadership, operational and financial responsibility for managing a safe, efficient and profitable site for the organisation and customer. You will be responsible for delivering a service to their customers that is "Better, Faster & Cheaper" giving a competitive edge and making them stand out from the competition.
You will be accountable for maximising the contribution of the site departments and functions while balancing multiple and competing requirements and as well as anticipating and be agile to changes in customer requirements and if needed deliver innovative solutions.
A key part of the role will be delivering through engagement and planning a high performing team and a values-based culture, whilst working collaboratively with all support teams to successfully achieve customer and people excellence.
In the role you will take ownership of recruiting, leading, developing and managing the team to successfully achieve and exceed business objectives, as well as Identifying and implementing initiatives to continually improve operational processes, aligned to their growth strategy.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure transport managers manage compliance & O Licence requirements to an Earned Recognition Standard working closely with the Head of Fleet & Compliance.
- Delivering world class legal compliance & operational standards.
- Ensuring planning is effective & efficient with a focus on cost & resource.
- Focusing on people training and development while focusing on staff wellbeing at all times.
Requirements we are seeking:
- Experience of leading teams in fast paced 3PL environment.
- A motivator with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Experience in using innovation and technology to make a difference to customers and drive change.
- The ability to develop operational capability and capacity by engaging employees at all levels within operations.
- A team player who brings together people to deliver excellent results.
- Commercial expertise with ability to analyse complex data and make decisions.
- Excellent communicator and ability to manage key stakeholders including developing customer relationships at a senior level.
- Experience of managing a budget of P&L of £10m+ revenue.
Salary for this excellent opportunity is c£60k plus company benefits.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available