Reporting to the Business Support team Finance Manager. The Accounts Receivable team is responsible for the raising of income and the recovery of debt, delivering great customer service and effective financial control. The role involves liaison with our supplier base and internal stakeholders and requires good problem solving skills. This role will support the ongoing delivery of effective accounting processes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide analysis of aging debt, which allows the business to make a bad debt provision, in line with our accounting policies
- Manage the raising of Sales Ledger Invoices in a controlled way to ensure that income is reflected correctly in the P&L
- Manage the process of allocating cash from the bank account to supplier debt accounts
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, highlighting control risks to management.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of debtors to enable improvements in the way in which debt is collected
- Providing information for use by Internal/External Audit and Controllership to adhere to financial compliance requirements
- Be accountable for driving efficiency and effectiveness with the support of the Business Support Finance Manager and other teams
- Manage a team of 6 colleagues, ensuring adherence to people policies and helping to develop those colleagues
- Supporting and coaching other colleagues in the team.
- Qualified/part qualified accountant with experience in an accounting environment
- Able to communicate at all levels, understand the differing requirements of each audience group and adapt accordingly
- Ability to effectively prioritise a challenging workload and manage expectations of delivery
- Confident and pro-active with the ability to challenge stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A logical approach to managing data and a good level of technological capability
- Strong customer focus
- Should act with integrity and have sound judgement, promoting ethics and compliance
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.