We are looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk to assist the Accounts Receivable team based in Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes.
This will be a temporary role for 3 months with possibility to extend.
Ideal skills as below:
- Accounts Receivable experience, Epicor or a similar AS400 system would be highly beneficial
- Experience of resolving aged debt/aged unallocated cash
- Accurate large volume data entry for cash allocation
- Good written/spoken communication skills
- Able to start immediately and learn fast
To assist the Accounts Receivable Supervisor in the provision of a first-class credit control function is support of the business
Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
Essential Job Duties:
* Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
* Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
* Preparing bills receivable, invoices and bank deposits
* Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
* Dealing with old debt efficiently to minimize the aging using the appropriate communication method
* Verify discrepancies and resolve clients' billing issues, query resolution and arranging/processing credits memos where necessary withing company guidelines
* Reviewing and resolving customer overpayments, both new and historic, efficiently and accurately.
* Ensure credit memos and associated invoice cancellation or refunds are processed within the company guidelines
* Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
* Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
* Ad-hoc duties and project work as directed by the AR Supervisor
* Where necessary provide cover for absent team members
* To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and be aware of factors affecting your colleagues in order to maintain a safe environment
* To report any accidents, potential hazards to your Line Manager immediately
Education: 5 GCSE's including Math's and English Grade C or above
· Proven working experience as Accounts Receivable Clerk
· Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
· Data entry skills along with an eye for numbers
· Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software
· Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good problem-solving ability
· Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
If you would like to be considered for the role please send your CV to email@example.com or call our office on 01908695959 opt 1.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available