Barker Ross are currently recruiting for Refuse Collector and Waste Operative.
You will assist site operations and drive a 7.5 tonne refuse vehicle and collect waste from collection points on site. You will complete daily disposal of waste required off site whilst completing all aspects of health & safety reporting as and when required.
- To drive a 7.5 tonne refuse vehicle and collect waste from collection points on site.
- Drive to relevant disposal sites to empty vehicle(6 mile apart)
- Refuel truck as and when required.
- Daily inspection of vehicle prior to beginning daily routes to ensure safe operating conditions.
- Communicate to the Operations Manager concerning delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns and other maintenance problems.
- Keep informed of road and weather conditions to determine safe routes are adhered to.
- Day to day site operations and waste requirements.
- Ensure all waste streams are segregated and stored correctly after process in accordance with site Health & Safety policies, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and any relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure you are a role model for other employees (conduct and behaviour).
- Undertake any training provided to assist you in your role.
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all employees.
- Full UK 7.5 tonne licence, CPC and Digi tacho
- Experience in driving refuse truck
- Manual Handling (training will be given if needed).
The working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, working 8am to 4.30pm. There is a possibility of 1 in 6 Saturday mornings, working 8am to 12pm. However, extra hours may be required to work depending on the waste requirements and needs of the business.
This opportunity is temp to perm however may be pernament depending on candidate. Pernament salary to be discussed at a later stage.
If interested please call Karina on 0115 896 0888
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.